Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hey Mr. Bus Driver

We've been having issues with Bailee going poop on the potty for months now. You're probably wondering "what does this have to do with bus drivers?" Well, I'll tell you!

Last night Bailee was having the urge to go #2, but refused to sit on the potty. Therefore I had to force her to sit down and waited while she screamed and yelled, "I won't go poop on the potty!" (Yes, this is a normal thing for her!)

We've bribed her, threatened her, put her on medications, etc... Nothing is working because she's stubborn and if she doesn't want to, then she just won't!!!

So, I got smart and started telling her a "story."

She's been talking about going to school and riding the school bus for a long time now, so I decided to use it to my advantage!

I started talking about "Mrs. Teacher" and "Mr. Bus Driver." I told her how nice they were and that they have a rule about going to school. It went a little bit like this...

"Bailee, you want to go to school right? (she nodded) Well, they won't allow children on the bus or in their school if they can't poop on the potty! No diapers are allowed and they won't let you on the bus if you don't learn to poop on the potty first!"

She was listening very intently and was very serious about it! Then she yelled, "But I don't want to poop on the potty now!"

SO I continued, "I guess we should call Mr. Bus Driver then and tell him to not pick you up. Do you think I should call him and explain what's happening?"

"Yes."

Well, now I was stuck, what do I do now? I know. Call my Dad! I was praying that he would play along and act as Mr. Bus Driver!

Luckily he figured out what was going on when I called him Mr. Bus Driver and explained that I was Bailee's mom. I put him on speaker phone so Bailee could listen while sitting on the potty. She couldn't believe I was actually talking to him and her eyes were as big as saucers!

The conversation ended by her telling the bus driver, "I will poop on the potty. I won't poop in my diaper no more and I am 3!"

We'll see if this little "story" works, but if not, we might have to call him back!!!

(Thanks Dad Mr. Bus Driver for playing along!)

1 comment: