Monday, August 23, 2010

A night at the movies!

Last night was a fun and interesting adventure! We took our two girls to the movie theater for the first time! Part of me was excited to try this new "big girl" activity, but part of me was anxious to find out how they might behave! Everybody that has ever been in a movie theater with a naughty toddler has gone home upset!

"I can't believe they let that kid run around like that!" 

"Did you see that mother? What was she thinking?" 

"I would never let MY kid do that!" 

"How rude to let your toddler talk through the movie!"

Oh, come on... we've ALL thought those things! :0) So, therefore I was a little nervous that my kids would be THOSE kids!


Here they are anxiously awaiting there first trip to the movies!

 (To the left- Waiting outside the theater until the movie was ready to start. I didn't want to make them sit too still for too long before we absolutely had to!)




(To the right- Watching Papa eat his Popcorn! They thought it was cool that they had their own juices and I brought hull-less popcorn for them!)

So, we successfully bought our tickets and our popcorn without any meltdowns. So far so good! We warned them that the lights would go out and that it would be loud and when it started they both giggled nervously. They weren't sure what to think yet. Once the movie got started they were so enthralled that they sat still for the first 20 minutes or so. Then the wiggles kicked in!

They had a hard time holding still, so I broke out the lollipops! I told them they had to sit still and they would do anything for a lollipop! :0)

Bailee LOVED the whole thing. She laughed when she was supposed to and liked dancing to all the musical parts!

Mia did okay, but did not like sitting still! I guess that's to be expected when you take a 1 year old to the movies! She ended up leaving with Tom for the last 10 minutes, but other than that they both did great!

We saw the movie Despicable Me and LOVED it! I was laughing through the whole thing and can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD. A great movie to see with the whole family! Have you seen it? What did you think?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment