Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Poop Poop & More Poop!!!!

Yup, that's right, I'm going to write about poop!!! When you have children in the house it is a never ending topic of conversation! I cannot tell you how many dinner conversations at our house have been about poop!

Solid waste.

Excrement.

Feces.

Fecal matter.

Dung.

Crap.

Dookie.

#2.

Turd.

Well, whatever you call it, poop happens! :0)

I know, some of you are probably grossed out and don't understand why I would be blogging about such a thing, but to be honest with you... it's a common thing we deal with all day long around here!

If I had a penny for every diaper I've changed in the last 3 years, I'd be a rich woman... but it still wouldn't pay for all those diapers we've bought!!! (Did you know the average family spends $3240 on diapers per child!) No, I don't do cloth diapers, but I have friends that do and I give them credit for being smart with their money!!

We have a newborn in the house and he alone creates enough poop to keep me busy all day! He has actually started a new pattern of pooping... he has been going #2 about ONCE every other day! For a little baby, that creates BIG messes! I have cleaned up more blow outs (I'm talking about up the back to the shoulders and down to the toes) in this past week than I've ever had to in my life!

Our 1 1/2 year old likes to play in her poop and I can't count the number of times I've had to wash poop off of her hands... gross, I know!!!

Bailee, the "big girl" in the house thinks that the toilet is an evil place to go # 2! She has decided since she's been potty trained that pooping in her night time diaper is the only way!!! This has caused many issues with her bowels and the doctor has recently put her on Benefiber. It's not working, so the next step in a laxative to "clean her out." Poor girl! It's been a rough road for her, but we're working on it!

My bowels are pretty regular, wow... you actually thought I was going to talk about my poop too... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

So, as you can see poop is a "regular" (get it?) topic of conversation around here!

Here is an odd web site about poop if you want more info! :0)


3 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem. Well, sort of. Alex goes like once maybe twice a week. And I get all paranoid that it's going to back up out his ears or something. But when he finally goes, he really goes. And, yep, it's about a weeks worth! That site is hilarious (for those of us with sick senses of humor!) My favorite is "anal snakes" and "butt nugget". :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, talk with Kathy Walker about Bailee's "issues". She had a homemade remedy she used with Ashley. Came directly from a pharmacist and worked like a charm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeke was my holder--maybe an oldest thing. doc said a tsp of mineral oil daily--made it too hard to hold! he eventually grew out of it. haha

    ReplyDelete