Friday, August 27, 2010

"A Princess & Her Castle"

Bailee is at such a fun age right now and her imagination is blossoming! I have seen her pretend play evolve and her art work come alive! I was coloring with her at the kitchen table the other day and she was VERY focused on her work! Her tongue was hanging out, her eyebrows scrunched and she was hunched over her paper like she was trying to protect it... actually I think Mia was trying to scribble on her paper too, so she probably WAS protecting it! :-)

A few minutes later I heard her asking Mia, "What you maked?" Mia replied by saying "A picture." You could tell that Bailee wasn't satisfied with that answer because her pictures now have stories to go along with them! She wanted Mia to have a story too. 

I proceeded to ask Bailee about her paper, and this is what I got as a response... "This is the American Apple Castle where the princess lives!" 

"What?" I asked her to repeat it and she continued to say that it was a castle for Mandy Oats.  (???)

Of coarse, I couldn't just leave the conversation there, I had to keep asking questions!  I quickly grabbed a piece of scrap paper and wrote everything down!

"Who else lives there Bailee?"

She replied, "Cinderella and her prince. This is a place for them to dance. They will listen to there own music and she will listen to her man." (I was trying hard not to laugh out loud!)

She continued, "She has purple hair. The prince likes purple hair, but she doesn't need a baby. When I get to be a princess then Jack will hold my hand and my castle and my dress will be pink."

She stopped talking for a minute, looked down at her paper and made a few more marks. I asked what that was and she said, "The water and some more water and then there is a bridge." I labeled the paper as she was describing everything...

(I was able to scan her picture onto the computer so you could all see it for yourselves!)


I am so glad I am a stay at home mom and get to see glimpses into their little minds! It's fun to see them blossoming into such fun characters and to listen to their stories! I could have sat there all day and listened to her explain her "American Apple Castle" but Jack started to cry and Mia dropped all her crayons on the floor...

Maybe Bailee and I will visit that castle some day...

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing kid's stories about their artwork! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete