Monday, August 16, 2010

Discovering Worms!

Two mothers days ago I was given a gift certificate to a local greenhouse from Tom to buy a flowering crab apple tree. I was thrilled, so when we moved into our new house I couldn't wait to go pick it out! Our summer has been a little busy, so we just got around to it this weekend. We went out and I picked an Indian Summer Flowering Crab Apple Tree. It will now be "My Mother's Day Tree" that will always remind me of how special my kids are to me!!!

Last night Tom went out to plant the tree and he wanted the kids to be a part of it, so he let them "help." (That basically meant that they watched and played in the yard!)

The best part of it all was the girls discovering worms. First they saw them in the ground, then Tom handed them each one from the wheelbarrow. It was funny to watch their responses. At first they were both excited to hold one, but quickly dropped them once they started wiggling around!













Tom then picked up a fat juicy one and was pretending to eat it... the girls freaked out! I thought Bailee was going to cry! :-) It was quite funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment