Thursday, August 19, 2010

A quiet cafe...

Oh what a glorious day to sit quietly in a cafe with girlfriends sipping a yummy hot chocolate (not worrying about the calorie content) and chatting for hours. Sitting peacefully in a room with breakables and using real glasses to drink from. Not rushing around to chase someone or finding a bathroom with a changing table. We could sit for a long period of time and have adult conversations!! What a glorious day that would be!

Instead my day is filled with baby talk and phrases like these...

Be careful!

Stop jumping off the couch!

Do you need to go potty?

Leave your sister alone!

Leave ME alone!

Get off of your brother!

Give that toy back!

What did I just tell you?

Do you need a time out?

Who had it first?

Stop it!

Did you hear me?

I said stop it!

Don't touch that!

Get over here!

Did you poop?

Stop crying!

Ah! I told you to be careful!

Sit down!

Watch where you're going!

Are you ok?

Where is your boo boo?

Eat your lunch!

Go to sleep!

Oh what a glorious day it will be when I can sit quietly with friends and not stress about what 30 little fingers are touching or where 30 little toes are going!

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I think I say most of those things already and there's only ONE four-month old!!! haha! I love having you to sympathize with! :)

    ReplyDelete