Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pickles Pickles Everywhere!!!

Last week was a busy week for me preserving foods and canning home grown goodies!! I made zucchini bread and jam... another project I took on was pickles! I had never made pickles before, but I decided to try when my sister gave me some extra cucumbers she had from her garden. I tried both dill and bread and butter.

I threw some onions, green peppers and cauliflower in with the bread and butter pickles for filler and I ended up with 6 quarts of each kind.

It takes 8 weeks for them to pickle, so I won't be able to tell you if I like them until then! I'll keep you posted!! :0)


3 comments:

  1. Nice job Nicole! I did bread & better and dill pickles also. We are already eating the b&b and are not-so-patiently waiting to try the dills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did B&B and Dill. The recipe my mother-in-law gave me said you could eat them after 2 days! So, of course I had to try and they were delish! I couldn't believe the dilled & pickled that fast! Live on the edge...open a jar now and try! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're right Sue, I need to "live on the edge" more! Maybe I'll be a rebel and go down stairs and get me some pickles to taste! :0) I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete