Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What a long week!

I am starting to climb the walls in my house! I have been home all week with 3 sick kids and now I am sick myself. It's that time of year where the "school-starting" season brings colds into the atmosphere! It never fails that at the end of the summer/ beginning of the fall our family gets sick. It must be the changing weather or the new allergens in the air, but either way it's not fun!

You can't tell by reading this, but I have NO voice today! This awful cold has settled into my lungs and throat, so typing this is great because if you were to call me on the phone today you might not understand me! I actually have to strain my voice to speak and it hurts! Therefore the girls will probably watch tv all day so I don't have to play or read to them. It has been a challenge just to speak to them normally!

I can't wait until we all feel better so we can get on with our normal lives and leave this place to do something fun! First thing this morning Bailee begged me to just go somewhere... "Mama can we please go bye bye? PLEASE!" It was pretty sad because she was wiping her nose and barely moving from not feeling good, yet she didn't want to stay home again! We're so used to being busy so to stay home all week has not been fun!

In the meantime I will continue to wipe noses, administer medicine, give cuddles and I might make myself a cup of tea to soothe my throat!

1 comment:

  1. Aww..hope you guys feel better! I'm not looking forward to the first time when I'm sick and have to take care of a sick baby.

    ReplyDelete