Monday, August 2, 2010

The Secret Garden

Do you remember the movie/book The Secret Garden? I loved that movie as a little girl! The idea of having a beautiful secret place to go to alone was so fun! If only we all had a place where we could go to and spend time with people we loved without a care in the world!

When I saw my girls and their Dad today, that was what I thought of! I had to snap some photos!!


The girls and Tom were having lunch underneath the swing set on the picnic table and I thought it was so sweet! He brought Mia's high chair down there for her and set up their lunch in the shade because our deck was too hot in the sun. It wasn't an intentional father/daughter date, but that's what it turned into! I had to go inside and feed Jack, so he ended up eating lunch with the girls alone.

It reminded me of the secret garden because the tall grass was growing around them and they were "hidden" where no one could see them. They were having such a good time and Bailee kept talking about it when they came inside. I asked her if she had fun with Papa in their 'secret garden' and she grinned like having a secret was so special. Her next words were, "Can we do it again?!"

Every little girl should be so lucky to have a Dad as cool as this!

1 comment:

  1. all three of them are VERY lucky to have such a cool and AWESOME dad and mom!!!

    ReplyDelete