Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two is Company, Three's a Crowd!

I love playing with my children! One of my favorite things to do is just sit on the floor and wait to see what will happen! I never know if I'm visiting the doctor's office, or getting my hair "done pretty" at the beauty parlor, or if I'll be served a gourmet lunch of plastic foods! (As I am typing this my 1 1/2 year old is loading plastic peas and ice cream on my lap from her kitchen set!)

When I had my first child, we used to sit and play for hours. She was a toddler when her baby sister was born, so we still had lots of one-on-one play time tog
ether! I used to nurse the baby while still playing on the floor! Ever since the baby, Mia, has become a toddler, I have become the third wheel!

It's so depressing sometimes!

I used to be the favorite playmate in the house, and now I'm just the mommy that's getting in the way! Sometimes I am allowed to join in on the fun, but often times I am asked to leave the room and go away!

Yes, I am very busy with our new baby, Jack, but I miss being able to play one-on-one with my girls! They are the best of buds and great friends, and for that I am grateful, but it makes me feel left out!

I'm starting to sound like a whiny second grader that didn't get picked to play kick ball!

Instead of being the playmate, I have turned into the referee! I get to decide the fairness of everything and who should have a turn with that toy! It gets exhausting, and I would much rather be in the middle of the fun!

Last night my oldest daughter, Bailee, spent the night at my mom's house just for fun. This morning I thought Mia and I would have lots of fun together playing and having one-on-one alone time! I envisioned lots of giggles and laughter, but instead she constantly asked for Bailee all morning. She was lost. She didn't know how to play without her sister around! I kept suggesting things, and she would say, "Bailee too?" And then quickly ask, "Bailee go?"

Apparently playing without her wasn't the same.

Later we'll go get Bailee and the house will be full again, but for now Mia will have to cope with having a second-rate playmate! ;-)

But, it's true what they say... Two is Company, Three's a Crowd!



This picture was taken just a few days ago of the 2 girls playing piano together! They really do love each other!!



No comments:

Post a Comment