Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a darky day!

Last night I took Bailee grocery shopping with me. That is always such a fun time because I get to have conversations with her one-on-one! You never know what she'll start talking about or what she'll tell someone as we walk by!

We got out of the van and were walking into the store when she realized that it had stopped raining. It was still overcast and cloudy, but not raining.

"Mama, it not raining any more."

"I know Bailee, it's sunny now."

"No Mama, it's just regular."

I guess in her mind cloudy and grey skies meant it was "regular!" I almost laughed out loud, but I didn't want to embarrass her!

We then continued through the store and were shopping when she started singing (VERY loudly) "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so...." She continued to sing through several aisles until I offered her a snack to keep her a little quieter!

When we got outside of the store it had gotten dark, so she decided to comment on the skies again. (We usually sing, "It's a sunny day, it's a sunny day, it's sunny outside to we can go out and play...") But this time she started singing "It's a darky day it's a darky day, it's darky outside so we can't go out and play, who needs the sun anyways!"

Again it brought a smile to my face! She's so much fun and I love watching 3-year-old logic at it's best!

This video was taken a few months back... this is her version of "Jesus Loves Me." This is what she was singing through the store!


1 comment: