Friday, July 9, 2010

Babies nursing babies!

Bailee (age 3)- "I want to be a mommy like you when I get big!"

Me- "How many babies do you want to have?"

Bailee- "I'm going to have lots of them!"

Me- "Wow!"

Bailee- "Yup, it be crazy!"
(I guess she's heard me say that a few too many times!)

I love the fact that my daughters are very maternal! They love playing house and with their baby dolls! They always want to help me in the kitchen, they want to help with the laundry and they LOVE helping me take care of their baby brother! And I always think it's funny when they want to help me clean because they enjoy it! (I'll have to put that to good use when they get older!!)

When the girls are playing house, my oldest daughter Bailee is always the mommy and Mia has to be the baby. She is tucked into bed, fed bottles, and wrapped in blankets all day long!

Well, yesterday they decided to both be the mommy and so they found baby dolls that they would each take care of. They pushed them around in strollers, wrapped them in blankets (actually I did that, over and over and over again!), and fed them... but not with bottles! Yes, they decided to sit down and nurse their babies! It was the cutest thing! I was just glad that I wasn't nursing my baby at the moment so I could grab the camera!!!

Bailee tried really hard to get the baby "latched on" in the right spot! ;-)

Mia was trying soooooo hard, but she was wearing a onesie, so it wasn't working quite right! Here she was trying to put the baby into her shirt! She gave up after a few minutes!


After a little while, Bailee went and got a blanket to "cover up." Later that night she told me I needed a blanket too and brought me one while I was nursing Jack!

I can't wait to see what kind of Mommies Bailee and Mia will be like, but so far it looks like my grandchildren will be in good hands!

4 comments:

  1. Precious!!!! Keep that camera around - with these beauties - you will have plenty of opportunities to shot pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Nicole! They are true gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Nicole...I know you hear this a lot. but, they do grow up very fast. Abbie is 16 now and seems like yesterday she was imitating my Mommy actions. (Emily is 14, Lydia is 12, Zach is 11 (he was born when we were going to Wayside), Luke is 8, Jake is 6, Sadie is 4, and Chloe will be 2 in Aug.) So thankful for each of our kids, investing in their lives will bring eternal rewards. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete