Monday, July 26, 2010

Blueberry picking!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Maine! The weather was perfect and it was a quiet Sunday afternoon, so what better thing to do than to go blueberry picking! My husband agreed to keep the kids home during nap time so I could go alone, but last minute I decided to grab our 3-year-old to join in on the fun!

I told her to eat all the blueberries she wanted, and she had fun eating all 3 blueberries! Yes, she only ate 3, but she was happy with that! And I think she picked about 10 total! :-) What more could I expect from a 3-year-old!

I ended up with a little more than 10 pounds of blueberries and only paid about $16! I was pleased because we freeze them for the winter! There is nothing better than fresh Maine blueberries in your warm pancakes on Christmas morning!!!

Here is Bailee with our blueberries... no, her mouth is not blue from eating berries... it's blue from her ring pop she was eating! :0)

Here she is again with some friends we went picking with! She was so proud to come home and show Daddy all the blueberries "we" picked. Funny, she had little to do with the actual picking, but took credit once we got home! :0)

p.s. She only ate 3 blueberries while we were picking, yet once we got home she devoured all kinds more! Figures!


1 comment:

  1. How fun!! So jealous of the Maine blueberries! You probably saw, but I found a blueberry bush in our new backyard, but I'm sure it's not the same... :)

    ReplyDelete