Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jack's First Meal!

I think Jack is going through another growth spirt because he's been wanting to nurse every hour and a half, so I decided last night to try giving him some rice cereal for the first time! I was tired of feeding him so often and I thought maybe giving him a little extra something in his belly would help... well, lets just say that he LOVED it!

When I fed my girls cereal for the first time they ate it ok, but most of it came right back out. NOT Jack! He ate every bite with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement! After the first few bites he recognized the spoon coming towards him and would open his mouth SO wide! I couldn't go fast enough for him! I had to giggle because it was like he was tasting chocolate for the first time!


He also used his hands a lot to help get it all down! After every bite his fist went right into his mouth and he would suck on it and smile! I think he was in baby heaven! :0)

He was enjoying himself so much, but I didn't want to give him a whole lot the first time just in case he had an allergic reaction or belly ache after. When I stopped feeding him he literally started screaming and didn't stop until I gave him the rest of his bottle! I would say he was definitely ready for cereal and I can't wait to try it again!


2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I *almost* bought some cereal for Alex the other day, but He has his 4 month appt. in a couple weeks, so I figured I should wait til then. But maybe I won't. He's been going thru a growth spurt too and wants to nurse ALL.THE.TIME. it feels like! I was thinking the cereal would help tide him over... I can't WAIT to see his reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) This is great Nicole! Im going to wait until we are back home in Maine, its only two weeks away, and I think it would be hard to feed a baby food with a spoon on the road! =) And I dont want to start now, and then stop for a week while we drive. =)

    GOOD JOB JACK!!!

    ReplyDelete