Monday, July 12, 2010

Can I Borrow Some Patience?

My patience is GONE!!! I am ready to give my children away for the day! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, BUT a mom can only take so much toddler attitude!!!

(I got a few sentences written and I had to go deal with a toy possession tragedy in our home! AKA... a fight over a single toy that both girls wanted!)


My morning has already been filled with chaos, attitude, fighting, and stubbornness! By the way, it's only 8 am!!

It's frustrating when the first thing you hear in the morning is your two toddlers saying, "NO GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!" It makes me want to
crawl back into bed and hide there until nap time!

I wish there was some kind of magic potion I could drink to give me more patience and energy! Coffee you say, nope, I'm nursing... plus I don't like it!

I suppose it would help if I had gotten a good night's sleep, but my 3 year old decided to scream for me about every hour. I would lay down in bed, get really comfy, fall asleep and she would scream "MAMA HELP ME! MAMA!" I went in to check on her and asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I want to go to sleep." AHHHH!! That happened about 6 times last night and that was only Bailee. Jack was also up all night for his usual feedings. Then Mia decided to wake up at 6 am... ugh!

So, as you can imagine I woke up with no patience to even start the morning!

I am craving some adult conversation.

A few minutes alone.

Maybe a morning of quiet.

A meal where I can feed ONLY myself.

No diapers.

Okay, maybe I'm sounding a little pathetic, but we're all allowed to have pity party once in a while! I just need a break, and it's only Monday morning... we'll see what this week has in store for us! Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole, I only have one child and there are days where I feel like this. It's not pathetic, it's called "being human". You'll pull through, and look back and think "huh, now that wasn't so bad." *hugs* - cause it seems like you need one right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember where your strength and patience comes from! Spend some quiet time alone in the Word during naptime. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I so understand. Like Kristen, I only have one and I agree that one day you will look back and wonder how it all happened! :) I'll see you tomorrow for some adult conversation and bit of reprieve in the toddler area! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww Hunny! I cant imagine! You are doing a wonderful job with those 3 children tho. I hope that helps. =)

    ReplyDelete