Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What a night!

What a night! *YAWN*

Last night was terrible! It was a waste of my time to pull the blankets over myself because every time I did I was up again with one of the kids! I didn't climb into bed until 10:30 because I went shopping with my mom and sister and I was exhausted! I hoped and prayed for a great nights sleep for both Tom and I because he is sick and needed to get up early this morning for work. 

Well, let me just say that a great nights sleep is the opposite of what we got! 

10:30- I climb into bed. 

10:35- Jack cries for a little while, but it calmed down with his nuk. 

11:00- He decides that wasn't enough and wants to nurse.

11:45- Bailee cries from her bed. I check on her and she had a huge poop in her diaper. 

12:00- Mia cries because Bailee woke her up (they share a room) so I cover her back up and go back to bed.

12:20- Bailee is still crying because she can't go back to sleep. She needs a tissue. She needs her bunny. She needs to be tucked in again. 

12:25- So does Mia.

12:35- Silence. So I climb into bed and cover up with blankets. I say a little prayer that sounds something like this, "Lord PLEASE help the kids to be quiet for a few minutes. I just want some peace and quiet! (oops, I mean) Please help the children to have a peaceful night's sleep so we all feel refreshed and energized in the morning. And please help Tom to get some sleep to feel better by morning. Amen"

1:00- Jack cries again so I feed him and keep him in bed with me. I give up! At this point I should have stayed up all night and gotten some productive things done, because sleep is just not happening!

3:00ish- I wake up to Tom blowing his nose and that wakes Jack up so I feed him again to settle him down. 

5:00- Tom should be out of bed, but I realize he is still sleeping next to me. I debate letting him sleep in a little longer or waking him up. I decide to let him sleep in... he just went to work a little later than usual. 

6:30- I hear Mia talking in her bed. 

6:35- Bailee is woken up by Mia's noise and they both start screaming and playing happily in their room. I hear, "Mama I'm awake! Mama, come get me!" And the day begins......... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment