Monday, September 20, 2010

Apple Picking Adventures

Yesterday we went to Wallingford's Apple Orchard in Auburn for our annual apple picking adventure. It was so fun and Grandpa Van Tassel and Aunt Lara were able to tag along for an extra special time! Here are some photos to walk you through our afternoon!

Here is everyone (minus me.. I'm always the one taking the pictures!) on our tractor/wagon ride to the apple orchard. I think this was Bailee's favorite part of the day! Mia wasn't so sure about the bumpy ride but Grandpa held onto her tight!

This was Bailee's expression while riding in the wagon! She kept saying "Weeeee! Yeah! This is fun!" and she was giggling the whole time! We got lots of comments about how fun and cute she was. It was a moment of pure joy for her! 

Here is Mia with Grandpa. (I love that photo of them together on the left!) 
The picture of Mia on the right was her collecting rocks. She had more fun filling her bag with rocks than she did with apples. Grandpa made sure to take them all out before paying for the apples per pound! :0)

Walking through the orchard to find "just the right tree!"

Here is Bailee choosing big apples for her bag. 

Jack was in the backpack for the first time. He spent the whole time in it and he loved it. He loves tagging along with Daddy.  

The girls couldn't wait to eat one! They kept asking so when they finally chose the one they wanted to eat they were thrilled! They thoroughly enjoyed them and ended up with sticky apple juice all over themselves! :-) 

Before leaving I asked Grandpa to snap a family photo of us all... it's a rare thing to have all of us together in one picture!  

Here are my 3 kiddos in the "family apple tree!" We tried our hardest to get all 3 faces in the holes. I took about 15 pictures of the same thing and this was the best one of them all! :) 

Overall the day was perfect! I just wish we would have had more time to play, but we had to get home for other activities... maybe another day! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun, Nicole! I makes me miss Maine so much, and at the same time so excited to start our little family to do fun things like this! thanks again for writing this blog, I just love it!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun day! Thanks for reading... I can't wait to read about your little one! :)

    ReplyDelete