Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

I can't believe it, but it's September and September is ovarian cancer awareness month. It's the month of teal! If you see someone wearing a teal ribbon somewhere you'll now know what that means! Many know all about the pink ribbon and breast cancer statistics, but few know about the killing power of ovarian cancer.
My sweet mother-in-law Venise suffered her last days battling ovarian cancer and I can tell you from my first hand experience of watching her die that it is an awful killer! Through out the month of September I will be writing about the different aspects of ovarian cancer and also a lot about Venise herself! This will be my attempt at spreading the word about this awful sickness and sharing with you my love for Venise!

2 comments:

  1. My relationship with Venise at Wayside wasn't a long one but I stood beside her in choir for a time and got to know her a bit... even though I didn't know her for long I still miss her. It's hard to believe she isn't here with us anymore! Almost every time I see pictures of your Bailee I think of Venise. To me, Bailee resembles her. I'm looking forward to reading what you write about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy- She was such a special lady! I'm so glad that you have fond memories of her! She LOVED the choir, one of her little hobbies she enjoyed! :)

    ReplyDelete