Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Today is my Dad's 49th birthday... his last year before the BIG 50! :0) My Dad is an awesome example of how to love your wife unconditionally, how to serve faithfully, how to give unselfishly and how to work hard (even if no one notices)! He truly loves the Lord and loves his family! For that I will be forever grateful! 

I found the following poem online and wanted to share it... I wish it was written by me, but I feel the same way! I love you Dad... thanks for being you and living your life for the Lord! 

Life Lessons, By Joanna Fuchs

You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.

Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.

I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Grandpa Ron! Hard to imagine how many years have gone by since you were in grades 6 and 7. Please pass along my birthday greetings to Rick as well! He may faint at this surprise!

    ~ Mary E. Dow : )

    ReplyDelete