Friday, June 25, 2010

Laundry woes!


So, this is a true story of a load of laundry that had a VERY rough couple of days!

It all started when our dryer broke a week ago! When you have a family of five, laundry is a continuous event! It's never ending!!! So, with no dryer, we've gotten creative with hanging laundry outside, inside and anywhere in between!

Wednesday Morning- My son, Jack (2 months old) had an explosive poop everywhere! We are talking about bright yellow, thick mustard poop from a nursing baby, all over the place! On his blanket, his outfit, his bouncy seat and all over his little body! It was smeared from his toes to his shoulders! I cleaned him up (which is a whole separate story in itself!) and HAD to start a load of laundry with the mess of dirty laundry he created!

The washing machine finished running around 10:00 am, but it was raining out that morning, so I decided to wait until the afternoon to hang it out.

Wednesday Afternoon- Do you think I remembered to bring it out? NOPE. I totally forgot!

Wednesday Night- I still have wet laundry in the washing machine... :-/

Thursday Morning- The forecast said that it should rain in the afternoon, but the morning should be clear! (Can you see where this story is going?) So, I hurry the kids outside onto the deck first thing in the morning so I can hang out the damp laundry and finally be done with this mess!

Thursday Mid-morning- It starts raining! Of coarse, it's raining! I run outside to bring it in and I kick the door frame on my way out and split my toe open!
Yup, it's gross and hurts really bad! Now I have a basket full of wet laundry in my breezeway, it's raining outside and my dryer is still broken!

Thursday Afternoon- I decide to hang every piece of laundry where ever I can in the house. I had laundry hanging in the bathroom, in the breezeway, on hooks, on doorknobs, on the washer and dryer, etc...

Thursday Night- My husband decides to hang the 'still damp' laundry on the clothes line again because it's nice outside and it should be dry within an hour or so. This would also help air it out and get rid of the dampness and wet smell it still has! "We'll bring it inside before bed time," he says!

Friday Morning- Yup, we went to bed without giving the laundry a thought!!! Therefore, it had to stay out longer this morning because it was wet from the over night dew and moisture!

Friday Afternoon- I actually went out and brought the laundry inside (it's now dry!!) And, I have to rewash some of the shirts because they had pigeon poop on them! UGH!!!
And now, I have a basket of clean, dry laundry sitting next to me that needs to be folded, but I found it all so humorous that I am writing this first! Maybe the folding will get done by tomorrow......... this is the longest episode of laundry I've ever had to deal with! :0)

1 comment:

  1. I feel badly the dryer didn't last longer for you. Maybe you shouldn't have wished for it to last ONLY six months? :) The story is funny, because I've been there too.

    ReplyDelete