Sunday, June 13, 2010

25 Things I DON'T want you to know about me!

It's really easy to be "perfect" and "have it all together" online when no one can see the real you! I could easily fill my blog with all the fun "Brady Bunch" moments we have as a family, but then I wouldn't be honest and real with you! So here are somethings I don't want you to know about me! This will just prove to you that I'm real and this blog will not be filled with perfection!

1. I spend way too much time on facebook and my new blog!
2. I am terrified of chickens!
3. I don't regularly floss my teeth!
4. There is a pile of laundry next to me that needs to be folded, but I'm too busy on the computer to care!
5. I tend to be a very jealous person!
6. I cringe when my children wake up in the morning because I hate getting up!
7. My favorite part of the day is my children's nap time!
8. I compare myself to other mothers all the time!
9. I hate cleaning the bathtubs so much that I usually wait until there is something growing before I wash it!
10. I let my children watch too much tv!
11. I am addicted to facebook!
12. I hate to say "I'm sorry!"
13. I don't like to shave my legs!
14. I can be extremely judgmental, but would ever tell you that!
15. I am afraid of the dentist!
16. I eat way too much candy!
17. I hate to exercise!
18. I am extremely selfish with time spent with my husband! I don't like it if he's not with me!
19. I am usually lonely even though I have 3 kids at home all day!
20. When my kids are awake my house is usually a mess!
21. I get frustrated with my kids daily, sometime hourly!
22. I don't like to clean, but I pride myself on a clean house!
23. I can be manipulative!
24. I usually don't get dressed during the day unless I have to because I'm leaving or someone is coming over! I live in my pj's!
25. I'm having a hard time doing this, because I feel vulnerable!

Now I'd love to hear what you have to say about this and maybe some of your own "flaws" that are hidden from most people!

6 comments:

  1. You are so funny Nicole! =) As far as what I can see, you are the best mommy I have even seen, so there is no need to compare! I live in my Pj's now too and Im lovin it! =) Oh and i totally understand that unfolded laundry thing! Story of my life!!! Afraid of the dentist huh!? You have beautiful teeth so im sure there is no need to worry. =) I think you are doing a lovely job with your children, they are ALWAYS smiling! Take care, and have fun blogging! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. You just described my life! No kidding... So happy there are more like me out there!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I think if everyone were honest with themselves they would agree that your list describes most of us. Know that you are doing a wonderful job as a wife and mother but also know it's ok to take care of your mommmy. I was probaby the most stressed mommy there was. I felt I had to do it all and do it all perfectly. I've adopted the 100 Year Rule, if it won't matter in 100 years I'm not going to stress! Well, maybe only a little bit! LOL Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! We're A LOT alike! Hee, hee! Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole,
    I was going to just lurk around on your blog like a weirdo because I'm not sure if you know me well but... I couldn't resist commenting on your list. Thank you for taking a risk and being vulnerable! It was comforting for me to read that many of the things you posted are ME TOO! And I'm sure if I had kids I'd feel the same way you do about many of those things on your list too... I seriously don't feel like such a loser now. :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete