Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bubbles Bubbles Everywhere!

On a lighter note today... bubble fun!!

My mom made up this bubble solution a few nights ago and the kids loved it! (The adults, big
kids at heart, loved it too!) It makes great giant bubbles! If you don't have a giant bubble wand, you can use just about anything that will make a continuous circle! Try putting the solution into a cookie sheet and use a coat hanger for the wand! It works great!

Here's the recipe...

12 c water
1 c dish soap (Joy works best, but Dawn works good too!)
1 c cornstarch
2 Tbs baking powder

For those of you with musical kiddos, try these fun bubble songs/finger plays!

My Bubble - sung to "My Bonnie"

My bubble floats over the housetop.

My bubble floats over the tree.
My bubble floats over the hilltop.

Oh, come back, my bubble, to me.

Come back, come back
Oh, come back, my bubble, to me, to me.
Come back, come back;
Oh, come back, my bub...pop! Oh, gee!

POP! Goes The Bubble! - sung to "Pop Goes The Weasel"

Soap and water can be mixed.To make a bubble solution. Carefully blow, Now, watch it go! Pop! Goes the bubble!

I'm A Little Bubble - sung to "I'm a Little Teapot"

I'm a little bubble, shiny and round.
I gently float down to the ground.
The wind lifts me up and then I drop.
Down to the dry ground where I pop.

Bubbles - sung to "Twinkle, Twinkle"

Bubbles floating all around
(pretend to catch bubbles)
Bubbles fat and bubbles round
(make a big circle w/ arms)
Bubbles on my toes and nose
(point to toes; point to nose)
Blow a bubble. ..up it goes!
(pretend to blow bubble; point up)
Bubbles floating all around.
(pretend to catch bubbles)
Bub. . .bles fall. . .ing to...the...ground.
(sing slowly & sink to ground)



1 comment:

  1. ugh, I still haven't figured out how to line it all up right! sorry everyone!

    ReplyDelete