Friday, June 25, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!




Yes, it definitely feels like Christmas around here! We just ordered a new Nikon Digital SLR camera and it came in the mail yesterday! I have been playing with it ever since and can't seem to figure out all the buttons and options, but I am determined to learn how to use it! I have been wanting a new camera for a while and I wanted to get one now before our kids are all grown and we don't have anyone's picture to take anymore! :)


The kids probably think I'm crazy, because they haven't seen my face in a while, it's always behind the camera now! :0) Mia has even been practicing with her camera... maybe she'll have a career in photography some day!


Another reason it feels like Christmas is because a dream of mine is coming true! (On the side of my blog I have a running list of personal goals I add to once in a while. I was going to blog about those things as they happen... well... I have something to write about already!)

My husband has been trying to win Red Sox tickets on the sports radio station for a couple of months now, and a few days ago he was the "right caller!" It couldn't of happened on a better day either!

Earlier that day, I took the 2 girls to their regular doctor check ups, and my 1 1/2 year old (pictured above) fell off the chair in the examining room and landed on her head right in front of the doctor. The floor was made out of hard tile and she immediately started to scream! Of coarse I felt like a terrible mother as I sat there trying to explain to the doctor that she is VERY accident prone! The doctor didn't look convinced and I felt terrible! I would never intentionally hurt my child, but sometimes doctors and other professionals make you feel like an incompetent parent when accidents happen!

Anyways (I got off on a bunny trail), it had been a ROUGH day and my husband came home glowing and declared his victory! I was thrilled because #1- I had had a bad day! #2- We don't get a lot of dates alone! #3- We don't have the money to afford Red Sox tickets, and #4- I've always wanted to go to Fenway!!!

Can't wait to go on July 18! Here I come Fenway, and don't worry I'll bring my new camera to take some cool pics! :0)





1 comment:

  1. congrats on the tickets! we just bought a canon rebel and I have been the same way with the camera, our son actually puts his hand up and says "no more pictures mom"

    ReplyDelete