Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year Party for Toddlers

This year my husband and I had no invitations to any adult parties for the New Year and we had a hard time trying to find an idea that would work for the whole family. We wanted to celebrate the New Year, but it's hard to do something with three small children at home! Then my husband had a great idea (yes, I'm giving him the credit for coming up with the initial idea)... "Lets have a kid-friendly New Year's Eve party and invite all of the kid's friends over!"

So, that what I ended up doing. He had a great idea, but I ended up doing all the work! ;0)

It was easy to invite everyone and I kept it very simple. I asked everyone to bring a toddler friendly snack to share with everyone and planned an easy craft for us all to make. (The kids colored and put stickers on two small paper plates, I stapled them together and put dry macaroni in the middle for noise makers!) After they made their noise makers we turned on some Rick Charette kid's music and played freeze dance.
This was Bailee trying to "catch" Mia in her party dress!

(Yes, Bailee has a tattoo on her arm! Santa brought them for them at Christmas time!)

Because our party started at 5:30 and we had bedtime to think about, we had our New Year's Eve countdown at 7:00 instead of midnight! I found a simple countdown with fireworks and New Year's music on YouTube and played it for the kids. They didn't really understand the whole thing, but still had fun blowing their noise makers and yelling!
 Here is Mia blowing her noise maker with all of her might and ringing in the New Year!!
By the end of the night the kid's were exhausted and fell right asleep in their beds, so I guess that means the party was a success! :0)

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! I can't believe they made it until midnight...wow! You must have been exhausted. You & Tom have the best ideas...I'm keeping a notebook. :)

    ReplyDelete