Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sometimes I'm just a frustrated parent!

Having 2 toddler girls so close in age is sometimes a blessing and sometimes a nightmare! Lately it has been a nightmare OFTEN!!! I love my kids and how different they are, but I could do without the conflict and chaos they bring into our home!

It has been a very BIG struggle lately to make them listen, obey and/or cooperate with us as parents. We have tried to be consistent from day one, but they seem to forget all the rules and boundaries every single morning. It never fails that I have to repeat the expectations in our home (like a broken record player) over and over each and every day. 

I know that if I stick with it that they will eventually get it. 

I know that this is just a phase that will pass.

I know that consistency is the key.

I know that they are just toddlers testing me.

I know that I need to have patience.

I know that I am the Mom, and that I need to be firm.

But sometimes I'm just tired and I don't want to!

Sometimes I'm weary, exhausted, angry, disappointed, impatient, and VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

I'm not super woman, I am human and I am just so confused by my children's behavior lately! Why do they feel the need to push me so hard until I snap? Why can't they behave and listen the first time I say it? Why can't they be the perfect little girls that everyone think they are when we're at home?

I'm sure I'll get lots of comments by writing something like this, but I honestly just needed to vent. I wish my kids came with a manual and there was the perfect answer in it for every situation they've thrown my way lately!!!

1 comment:

  1. We were in the same place until about a month ago. I was so disappointed and discourage with how things were going. My girls would almost "gang up" on me. I was so exhausted!! Fights between the girls were constant, and their willingness to do what I said was rare! It is really hard to be a good mom when there is so much stress and chaos in the house. Dan and I began a Bible study together called You and Your Child by Charles Swindoll. It has given me a new appreciation for my children and a "second breath" at parenting. Our problems aren't gone by any means, but things have certainly improved. I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone. I have ended MANY days literally wanting to run away or atleast scream, cry and stomp my feet! You will get through it. Just remember that it's not the end result that is so important, but the path we take to get there.

    ReplyDelete