Sunday, January 16, 2011

Supper time Bible trivia

We've always had a hard time getting our kids to eat. They would rather sit there and talk, play, look at the ceiling, chew on their fork, etc... It's awful because sometimes we end up yelling at them to simply take another bite. It's exhausting.

Tonight was different! It was fun and they ate their supper in record time! Why? We played a game.

I got out a Bible trivia book and asked them simple questions like, "Did Jesus have a wife?" "Who will blow the trumpets when Jesus returns?" "How many stories high was Noah's ark?" And many more.

They answered what they thought was the correct answer and I wouldn't tell the correct response until they took another bite. They quickly took bites and we all learned something too!

It was fun and educational. Their responses were humerous and made Tom and I giggle, but it was still less stressful than saying, "TAKE ANOTHER BITE NOW!" :0)

(In case you're wondering the answers to those questions are 1. No   2. The angels &   3. 3)

1 comment:

  1. Thank I love this idea. I have three kids and I want to encourage them to read and learn God's word. Even though two of them are older I still like this idea. I believe that Jesus is coming soon and I want to know that I know my kids know Jesus. Thank you

    ReplyDelete