Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The stockings were hung...

Our son Jack will be 8 months old this week and we've suddenly realized that he is NOT a baby any more!!! He is crawling everywhere and is into EVERYTHING! (While I am typing this he is trying to eat the tree!) I love him and watching him grow, but I am very sad that we no longer have babies in the house. Yes, technically he is still a baby, but now that he is moving around he doesn't sit and cuddle like he used to!

We're pretty sure (about 99% convinced) that we don't want to have anymore children, but just tonight Tom said, "Are you sure you don't want to add another stocking to our collection?" It took me a minute to figure out what he meant by that, and then I realized what he was saying! My first response was, "NO!" But it does make you think about the possibilities! I just think we're both realizing that our babies are growing up WAY too fast!

So... the stockings were hung by the chimney window with care, and no there won't be any more to add there! (Does that answer your question Tom!) :0)

6 comments:

  1. I wonder how many "stockings" Ed and Tasha will have? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post a comment. It seems to have disappeared . . . ~ Nana Mary Dow : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I originally said that your children will be all grown up "day after tomorrow"! It's hard to realize that our oldest is now 50 and our youngest is 40! There are three in the middle who have also brought us much joy.

    The Bible says that children are a BLESSING. Too many in our culture are perhaps too hasty in concluding that "two's enough" or we "don't want any more." That attitude has placed the US on alert. The average family has less than 2 children whih would not sustain our nation in the future. In Europe, they're down to 1.6 per family (except for the Muslims who average 8.1)!

    Susannah Wesley had 19 children. If she had stopped at 16, we'd not have had the strong Christian influence of John & Charles who were #17 & #19.

    I believe that "family planning" should include very serious prayer before making OUR plans. We shouldn't want to miss any BLESSING which the Lord intends for us to be able to raise for His glory. ~ Nana Dow : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, I cannot wait to see how many "stockings" will be hung in their house too! Michael is pretty cute, so hopefully they'll have more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Nana Dow! :o) from someone who hung a total of 9 stockings this afternoon and I can't imagine life without any one of my seven jewels

    I can understand tho, we thought we were done at 3 as well, but take care--life changes SO fast. SO fast.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This verse come to my mind: "Children are an heritage from the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is His reward." I can't help but say that it is hard for me to understand people saying no to God's blessings, and His rewards.
    God limited our family to two (so far);0), but I would be so blessed to have a house full of children! I am just so thankful that He gave us these 2 precious boys!
    I think you are a really wonderful Mom, Nicole, and it is definitely a decision for you and Tom, not for others, but since you brought it up, I chimed in with my thoughts. I will pray for you to know for sure about choosing the size of your family. Love and prayers~Joanna

    ReplyDelete