Saturday, December 18, 2010

My simple Christmas decorations

Inspired by my friend Sue & her blog, I decided to share some of my favorite Christmas decorations that are around our house. They are simple and humble, but they are special to me! Here are a few photos from inside my house...

A fresh bouquet of red and white flowers always brighten up a room and look Christmasy! 
 I have fresh boughs and berries in a simple white vase. I found this simple snowman stake at WalMart for $1.
 More fresh flowers with candy canes in my long wooden bowl.
I collect miniature nativities and have them ALL over the house! I love nativities and wish I could keep them up all year long! These figurines are about an inch tall each.
 I love snowmen because you don't have to take them down until February or March!
 Another nativity that is in our entry way (one of my favorites!)
Our tree is full of special ornaments. I don't like to put an ornament on our tree unless it has "meaning" to us! The stockings are also hung on the window, not a fireplace, but that works for us! :0)
 And, one more nativity!
The front door!
Our decorations are simple but kid friendly and have lots of meaning to us! Feel free to share your ideas too!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the nativities and the stockings on the window! That is so cute! I might do that just because I like it! :o) {thanks for the plug, too!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your front entry. I love having fresh flowers around too, there's something about it that just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! Thanks for the visit to your house! It is beautiful! =) Your family pic below is so beautiful, too!
    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete