Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas traditions!

I absolutely love the Christmas season! There is so much to be thankful for and to celebrate! And I enjoy starting and continuing traditions that our family enjoys! Here are a few traditions that I LOVE!

1. Putting up the Christmas tree! I love the ornaments, the lights, the smell, and the wrapped presents underneath! There is something so romantic about sitting in front of a beautiful tree and snuggling with your hunny!

2. Making Christmas chocolates and goodies. Every year since my husband and I have been dating he has helped me make peanut butter balls for Christmas gifts. This year will be no different, we just need to find a quiet evening together!

3. Christmas Eve we always spend at my Memere and Pepere's house. We have dinner, open presents and then go home to our first present of the year. Everyone gets to open one present Christmas Eve night and it's always new Christmas jammies to wear to bed!

4. Reading the Christmas story from the Bible Christmas Eve night before bed! It's the most important thing to focus on and it makes a great bedtime story that night!

5. Christmas morning (at my house growing up) started in Mom and Dad's bed opening our stockings. It gave us the chance to sit as a family, open our stockings, and Mom and Dad didn't have to get out of bed at 6:30!! Tom and I hope to continue this with our kids!

6. No breakfast until AFTER presents! We always had a big breakfast, but we didn't have to sit and eat until after we opened our gifts! Tom's Dad always made pancakes, so I think he should have to always do that too! ;0)

Since our family is young I hope to make new traditions as the years go on and continue celebrating the old ones we love! Do you have any traditions that your family celebrates? I would love to hear your family stories!!

Here are a few photos from our family Christmas last year... :0) I was pregnant with Jack and the girls have grown soooo much!


3 comments:

  1. We have lots of traditions. I keep a journal just for Christmas and I always write down everything we do in December. We make chocolates for friends and family, homemade ornaments, and decorate cookies. We also make and decorate Gingerbread houses and create a village out of them. We go to a tree farm each yer to cut down our own tree. We always read the night before Christmas and the Bible story on Christmas Eve. And Dan's family comes for a big dinner and gifts on Christmas eve. I make gingerbread waffles on Christams morning. One other thing we do each year is have a polar express day...the movie, pjs, hot chocolate, and our own little bells. I look forward to our traditions every year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let see I love Christmas as well cause its such a nice time with family! On Christmas Eve we go to my Grandpa Onkies house. Christmas day when i was younger we were not allowed to get out of bed till 7 am when we would get up and do stockings and at the most 1 present which was usually clothes for the day. In our stocking we always get some sore of round fruit usually an orange and pop tarts thats breakfast. Then we go down to my grams and have Christmas day there. When we get done there usually 2:30 cause thats when dad got out of work we went home and opened our presents. Sometime after Christmas we would go to Gramma Chicks house. Now that I'm married everyone keeps saying things should change but I like how they are. For other things we tried to watch "The Griswald Family Christmas" as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for some more fun ideas Jess and Ashley! Jess, I love the idea of keeping an "idea" journal! I think I might do this! :0)

    ReplyDelete