Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Life is always entertaining with little ones around!

The next couple of days are going to be busy for me, so I'll just leave you with a few funny things my kids have amused me with lately! :0)
*****
I was cleaning the toilets the other day when the girls came wandering into the bathroom. Bailee exclaimed with much excitement, "Mama, you're just like a princess! I have a wand too!!!" I didn't know what she was talking about until I looked in my hand. I was holding a Clorox toilet bowl cleaning wand. I laughed and explained that mine wasn't magic. It only helped mommy clean the toilet. She still thought it was neat!
*****
We were reading together one afternoon and Mia picked the Elmo Goes Potty Book. I read it with much enthusiasm and encouragement saying things like, "Wow! Elmo's such a big boy to go potty." And then I said, "Elmo gets to wear big boy panties too!" Bailee quickly responded by saying, "Mama! Boys don't wear panties!!!" I calmly said, "Bailee yes they do. Even big boys go pee on the potty." 
"NO Mama! Boys wear underwear!" Again, I laughed because she was right! Boys don't wear panties!!! Every man out there would agree!
*****
The theme of the 3 Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf have been frequent in the girl's imaginary play lately. Bailee usually runs around the house yelling, "Little Pig, Little Pig, let me in!" But the funny thing is that she calls herself the pig, NOT the wolf. Mia is always the wolf and just tags along behind Bailee copying her play. 

Well, a few days ago, Bailee was pushing Mia away and saying, "Go away big bad wolf. I don't want you to eat me." She kept insisting that Mia (aka the big bad wolf) leave her alone. Mia immediately broke down in tears! She was heartbroken. She started to whimper and say, "I not want to be big bad wolf. I no more big bad wolf. PLEASE I not be bad wolf no more!" Bailee said, "Ok" and sighed. Mia then gave her a big hug and all was well in the world of imagination! 
*****
It snowed here on Halloween and the girls couldn't have been more excited! They were so cute with their noses pressed up against the window watching it fall! When we left to go to church it was still snowing and the flakes were as big as quarters. I put Jack in his infant carrier and out we went. I forgot to cover him with a blanket or the seat canopy, so flakes were falling all over his face. I didn't even realize until I heard him say, "Ppphhhvvttt, ppphhvvtttt." I looked down and there was snow all over his face, his eyes were closed and he was trying so hard to sit up. I giggled because it was his first snow experience and he didn't like it. He kept shaking his head and saying his pppphhvvtt sound over and over. It was obviously freaking him out, but he didn't cry! He better get used to it, we live in Maine! :0)
*****
Here is a recent photo taken during bath time. It is a little peak into the craziness when you have 3 babies in the tub! We tried Jack in his Bumbo chair for the first time in the tub and he loved splashing around with the girls. That just meant that I got even more wet! :0)
*****
I hope you enjoyed our little crazy family stories!
 ~Have a great few days!~

1 comment:

  1. After seeing Jack in his Bumbo in the tub, I tried Amelia in it. She loved it too! I don't know if you thought of the idea, but ingenious! Plus, it served a dual purpose; I still feed Amelia in hers and putting it in the tub after supper cleaned it up quite nicely :)

    ReplyDelete