Thursday, November 18, 2010

A few tidbits about my day...

Today was full of surprises from my little ones!
*****
It all started when I went into the girl's bedroom to get them out of bed. I went in after listening to them for a few minutes playing happily and I found Mia standing in front of me completely butt naked! Yup, she decided to strip down this morning... diaper and all! I laughed at first and then scolded her for taking her clothes off. "But Mama, I wanted to be maked," was her reply!  :0)
*****
This afternoon the girls were playing with their little people nativity set at the kitchen table (yes, I've taken out all of our Christmas decorations and my house is decked out!) and they were reenacting the whole manger scene. They were doing a great job when I over heard Bailee say to Mia, "No, lets not call him Joseph, lets call him Joe. I like that better!" Again I giggled to myself and then a few minutes I heard Mia singing "Mary had a little lamb" to the Mary figurine. I think I have a little teaching to do!!! :0)
*****
Bailee had a ton of gas today and at one point she had the longest "toot" that I had ever heard! She then giggled and said, "Mama, my toot just sounded like an airplane!" (Too much information perhaps, but still it was funny!)
*****
Jack bit Bailee's nose! (You had to be there, but it was hilarious!)
*****
On a more serious note, my husband and I have sponsored a child from the Philippines through Food for the Hungry. Bailee say her picture hanging on our refrigerator and was asking questions about her. I told her, "Her name is Trixie and she lives far away where they don't have much food to eat. So, Mama and Papa are going to send her some money to buy more food." She smiled and said, "Oh!" She ran off to play, but later when I gave Tom some money she saw the exchange and said, "Mama is that for Trixie? Can we give it to her?" I thought it was so sweet that she had been paying attention and that she showed genuine concern for Trixie!! We made sure to pray for her at supper time and Bailee did also. The sweet prayers of a child bless my heart!
*****
*****
Have any fun stories from your day you want to share? :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment