Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It has been one of THOSE day!

My day started out great! I woke up to my husband making our family chocolate chip pancakes (he really is wonderful!) I just wish the rest of my day had had the same feeling of peace and happiness!!!

As soon as my husband left for work, everything started to go downhill... FAST! It was one of those days where I had a million and one things on my to-do list and got none of them done. I was so busy trying to run around and do some cleaning and other random projects that have been neglected and the kids caught on. You know what I mean? They realized that mom is going to be busy and productive today so they said, "we're going to sit quietly and play together to give her a break.  She has so much to do and since she works so hard to keep our house in order and cleaned up we'll behave." HA! Wouldn't that be nice!


Instead, I had my hands full today. Any house with toddlers in it, is a busy one, but today seemed extremely busy and full of conflict. I think both of the girls woke up on the wrong side of the bed and Jack was in so much pain (from teething- 4 teeth are coming in at once) that he was in tears most of the day. I felt bad because he wasn't feeling very good, so he was on my hip about 90% of the day and the girls didn't get as much attention because of it.

This was one of those days when having "3 under 3" is really hard! One of your kids is sick so your time and attention is devoted to that one baby, while the other two "babies" are left out. I just didn't have enough hands to do it all!

When Jack was finally napping (it didn't last very long) I decided to do a fun craft project with the girls. It started out so nicely and then turned ugly. They weren't even allowed to finish because they were just being plain old naughty!

Nap time was almost non-existent today. Mia slept a total of 40 minutes (usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours) and Bailee didn't sleep at all. Jack's naps were no more than 20 minutes a piece and he woke up crying HARD every time. I think he was just in so much pain!

It was also one of those days where I never got dressed. That never makes me feel very alert. I'm much more awake and I have more energy when I am actually dressed. Wearing pj's all day just says to me, "be lazy and relax," but I never had the chance to put myself together! I didn't cook either, at all! We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch and cereal for supper. Yup, cereal. Tom isn't home yet, he won't be home until later from work, so there was no way I was cooking today!

This basically sums it up...
I'm exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep, but who knows if that will happen... I'm at the mercy of all 3 kiddos. If they sleep good, then so will I! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment