Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Van Tassel Pecking Order

Yesterday I wrote a blog about birth order and how it's starting to become very evident in my children's lives. Our family dynamics are starting to change now that Jack is getting around very easily on his own. He is not quite walking but is all over the place and into everything ~ including the girl's toys!

Since he has been cruising around I have noticed a big change in the way the kids play. The girls used to sit down contently and play together, but now they are very cautious about where they sit and what they take out. I often find them playing at the kitchen table or on their beds now since Jack can't reach up there.

Jack is also much more temperamental and fussy when he doesn't get his way. We used to have a rule that if Jack was in your way that the girls could ask me nicely and I would just move him. Now he throws a big fit when the girls take his toy or he gets removed from their play space. He is definitely taking on the role of pesky little brother! :0)

I know it's only a matter of time before I am hearing, "Mom, Jack is touching our stuff!" Or "JACK get out of our room!" I never had a little brother, but I now see why people always complained about their little brothers getting in the way! We all love him but he really does make messes of the girl's things! :0)

1 comment:

  1. In defense of little brothers, it could happen with a little sister too!

    ReplyDelete