Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's 1:27... What the heck's going on?

Blogging has not been a part of my normal everyday routine lately. I've been too busy to sit down and type something but it's been on my mind. I've decided that 24 hours in a day is not enough for me. (But the problem still wouldn't be fixed if there were more hours because I would find a way to fill them up!)

Today is different. I've been up since 4:45 with little Miss Mia. She's home sick with the flu and not feeling well at all. It all started at 1:27 am...

I was dreaming of some warm wonderful place when I found Mia on top of me in our bed. I looked at her and said, "What the heck is going on?" That woke up Tom and startled Mia. I was still half asleep when I realized I had a toddler on me. (The joys of motherhood!)

I quickly scooped her up and started giving her the lecture about staying in her own bed when I felt her whole body tense up... yup, she threw up allllllllllllll over me! I yelled to Tom who had already fallen back asleep and he jumped up to help me. It was too late, I was covered.

Mia cried because she's 2 and didn't understand what was happening. I'm glad she realized that something was wrong and came to get me. And then in our 1/2 asleep state we cleaned her up the best we could. I sat with her on the couch for quite a while until she was calm enough to put back in her own bed.

The night seemed to disappear between Jack's feedings, checking in on Mia and then at 4:45 I heard her throwing up again in her bed. :-( Nothing breaks a mom's heart more than seeing your little baby dry heaving so much that she's crying in between breaths. I knew at that time that I was up and awake for the day.

Therefore, I have lots of extra time to blog today... well, not really. I've spent the morning holding a sick child on the couch, changing bedding and trying to keep Jack out of the mess. Luckily Tom stayed home to help because I'm not sure how I would handle poor little Mia's meltdowns every time I leave the room. Right now she's freshly bathed and taking a morning nap, so I can only hope that her toast and gatorade stays in her belly!!

Now that the flu has infested our house I pray that the rest of us don't become sick too... only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mia! I hope she's feeling better now! Sending lots of love! By the way, I loved your reaction; "what the heck is going on!" I could hear see it all happening! Made me laugh, although I'm sure you weren't laughing!

    ReplyDelete