Friday, December 17, 2010

Easy and cheap neighbor Christmas gifts!

Earlier this year I was searching for easy and cheap Christmas gifts for those people in our lives that are special to us. The people you love, and want to give a small gift to, but if you don't have a lot of money then it can be hard to think of something fun! For me, those people include, neighbors, close friends, our "mail lady," and our children's Sunday School teachers.

I wanted something that wouldn't take much energy, much money, but would be fun and memorable. I googled some different ideas and came up with this...


It doesn't look fancy, but I fell in LOVE with the saying attached to it!

"Christmas is Jolly,
Christmas is Sweet.
I'm too stressed out, 
So make your own treat!"

I've also included this fun book with cute stories and sayings about Christmas! 

I was excited that the dollar store had packs of 4 wooden spoons for $1 and I watched for sales on brownies at our grocery store all fall. I used coupons on some to make the money spending even less. With some "online clearance" shopping I was able to find these Christmas books for $.25 a piece! Yes, $.25!!! So total, I spent about $28 to make 20 of these gifts!

Some of you reading this might be getting one of these gifts, so I'm sorry if I've ruined the surprise, but I couldn't help but share this idea with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment